HOW TO CORRECTLY INSTALL AN ENTRANCE MAT
GEGGUS Mat Systems are already as good as installed!
Installing a GEGGUS entrance mat is fast and straightforward, thanks to our ability to make the mats to any required size or shape, meaning no on-site cutting or shaping is required!
Sunken matwell, frame and mat installation:
1. Measure the length, width and height of the matwell and order the recommended entrance mat and frame from GEGGUS. Once the goods arrive you can begin fitting.
2. Assemble the angle frame: watch our assembly video:
Alternatively follow these simple steps:
I. Connect all sides of the frame rails with the corner connectors, fixing together with the 8 screws and nuts provided.
II. (Option #1) In the case of pre-made matwells – the angle frame can then be dowelled and glued.
III. (Option #2) When there is no existing matwell –attach the wall anchors to the frame. Then position the angled frame on the raw concrete and pour the external screed / fit to surround flooring, for example, tiles or carpet.
IV. Finally fill the inner frame until the screed is level flush with the upper L angle edge.
3. Once the screed is completely hardened the GEGGUS door mat can be rolled directly into the matwell frame.
Surface mounted mat installation:
1. (1 or 2 sided ramped edge frame) – Ramp comes pre-assembled to the mat so you can simply roll the system into place on top of the existing flooring.
2. (3 side to full perimeter ramped edge frame) – Ramp is not fixed to the mat but can be secured directly to the floor, the mat can then be rolled into place.
In the event of an usual shape or if you require a professional finish, we would be glad to install your matting system for you.